About Me

The Non-existent Dictionary of Everything C:/ProgramFiles/Dict/Everythg/?/ Hidhir(Hee-dir) Your typical know-it-all geek. Normally found around libraries, computers and 2E. Status: Highly effective as reference book. Comments: Read this blog to find out more.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Outing With Cousins (Assignment)


(My cousins at Swensen's)


(Look at all that food!!!)

30th December, 2007.
That date I will remember, and for a rather sweet reason, too. On that date, my cousins, all 28 of us, went out for a family gathering. At first, we were supposed to have the gathering at Al Kafe, my uncle's newly-opened restaurant. We were expecting a fun afternoon but we were in for a pleasant surprise. Our cousins changed the rendezvous to Swensen's! However, our plan nearly crashed around our ears when we went to Swensen's and found out that they did not accept reservations! Luckily for us, we found ourselves seats and started ordering...and eating...and ordering...and eating. My cousins and I really ate. As more and more of my cousins arrived, we ordered more and more and...you get the picture.

We ate so much that our supposed "lunch" lasted until 5pm!! As my cousin, Hasjmy, puts it, "we ate enough for lunch , dinner and tomorrow's breakfast". To top it all off, we ordered 2 Giant Earthquakes as dessert. To our shock, our cousin, Izzah, offered to foot the whole bill by herself! Now that's what I call generous! (I think it burned a BIG hole in her wallet!)

2 comments:

Fox in Singapore said...

Hibid, You have used a varirty of sentences structures to add interest to your blog. Next time also try to incorporate a wider range of voacbulary.

Fox in Singapore said...

23 Ms Fox