About Me

The Non-existent Dictionary of Everything C:/ProgramFiles/Dict/Everythg/?/ Hidhir(Hee-dir) Your typical know-it-all geek. Normally found around libraries, computers and 2E. Status: Highly effective as reference book. Comments: Read this blog to find out more.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

An Unexpected Turn Of Events (Assignment)

The start of French class this year was WEIRD. For instance, no one even knew whether 3rd Language started on 2nd January or not. As school started on a Wednesday, everyone was asking each other about 3rd Language class. I was convinced that there was no 3rd Language class that day. But then...

Halfway during my lunch at home, I received a call from my friend. My jaw dropped when I heard that there was 3rd Language class on that day! I live in Pasir Ris but the Ministry Of Education Language Centre (MOELC) is in Bishan!! I hastily put on my uniform and went to MOELC. At that point, bad luck struck again. I knew my class but I did not know where the room was. To make matters worse, the queue for information about the classes stretched from there to Malaysia. (Well, almost!!) I saw my friend and we headed for the General Office.

When we made it to class, we were late. Very late. This was a screw-up to top all screw-ups. We were 25 minutes late. My teacher joked that we owed him $2000 for every minute late, so we owed him $50 000 !! He said after that, "Just kidding," and I slunk into a chair. cheeks burning. I tried to keep a low profile after that. What a bad start to the year!!

1 comment: